Position(s): 1. Lifeguards (multiple positions available)
2. One (1) Head Lifeguard
Hours: Up to 8 hours per day; variable hours
Work Year: Summer: June through October & Off-Season:
February through May; Up to 8 hours per day, variable hours
Lifeguard: Range 2, Steps 1-3 depending on experience –
$8.50 - $9.00 p/hour;
Head Lifeguard: Range 3, Steps 1-3 depending on experience -
$9.50 - $10.00 p/hour.
Description: Under general supervision of the Aquatic Center Director, observes and supervises the activities of swimmers in and around the pool and adjacent areas and performs life-saving procedures.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must possess a current Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate
- Must be 15 years or older
- Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Must pass a background investigation including fingerprinting
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Must have no felony convictions
- Maintain constant observation of assigned areas
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Learn, interpret, apply and explain policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Learn and apply emergency procedures in the event of an accident or emergency
- Communicate effectively with children and adults to assure safety and well-being and rules, regulations and safety requirements are met
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Be physically sound and
- Able to lift/carry 48 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the time)
- Able to lift/carry 20 pounds frequently (34-66% of the time)
- Able to lift/carry 5 pounds constantly (67-100% of the time)
- Able to push a maximum force of 72.3 pounds on objects
- Able to pull a maximum force of 47.2 pounds on objects
Application Deadline: May 17, 2013
For Application, use “Classified Application” link above. To view the Lifeguard Job Description, click on Job Descriptions. For additional information, contact the District Office at (209) 736-8340
“Equal Opportunity Employer”
Bret Harte Union High School District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, including harassment, with respect to the actual or perceived characteristics such as age, ancestry, color, ethnic group identification, gender, gender expression, gender identity, disability (physical or mental), nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
Varsity Cheerleader Advisor (Fall and Winter)
Start Date:2013-2014 season
Salary: Stipend: $1,578.00 each season
Coaches serve at the pleasure of the Athletic Director of Bret Harte Union High School. The following duties encompass the role of the Coach:
- Organize and provide leadership for all levels of the applicable sport program.
- Staffing for athletic programs
- Maintenance, certification and inventory of all necessary equipment
- Off-Season athletic programs
- Liaison with youth athletic programs and Booster organizations
- Work in cooperation with all Bret Harte Athletic programs
Minimum Qualifications for BHHS Coaching Positions:
- Ability to administer and adhere to the school, district, and California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) policies governing student conduct.
- Knowledge, desire, and proven ability to coach the fundamentals of the game, and to develop student athletes to be successful in their present and future athletic and academic endeavors.
- Knowledgeable in the care and prevention of athletic injuries, basic first aid, and emergency procedures.
- Knowledgeable of current coaching techniques of involved sport activity.
- Knowledgeable and competent in the area of child or adolescent psychology, whichever is appropriate to the grade level of the involved sports activity.
Desirable Qualifications for Head Varsity Coach:
Experience coaching as a head coach or an assistant coach at a junior college or a CIF-sanctioned sport as a high school varsity head coach, a junior varsity head coach, or an assistant coach at the varsity level in the past five years.
**Please see Job Description for more information regarding position.
Application Deadline, 3:30 p.m., May 31, 2013
To apply, click on the “Coach Application” link or contact the District Office at (209) 736-8340 or come by at: 323 S. Main St. Angels Camp, 95221 to pick up an application. For a Job Description, click on the “Job Descriptions” link.
“Equal Opportunity Employer”Bret Harte Union High School District programs and activities shall be free from discrimination, including harassment, with respect to the actual or perceived characteristics such as age, ancestry, color, ethnic group identification, gender, gender expression, gender identity, disability (physical or mental), nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
PLEASE MAIL OR DELIVER YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
Bret Harte Union High School District
323 S. Main St ~ P.O. Box 7000
Angels Camp, CA 95221
Apply on-line through Edjoin
"Equal Opportunity Employer"
The Bret Harte Union High School District shall ensure equal opportunities for all students in admission and access to the educational program, guidance and counseling programs, athletic programs, testing procedures, and other activities.
This school district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, gender, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, parental or marital status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance or regulation, in its educational program(s) or employment.